Library and Publications
The Library is a vital instrument in the realization of the ISPSC Vision and Mission along instruction, research, extension and production. Each of the six campuses of ISPSC has its respective library manned and supervised by a licensed, full-time librarian. The libraries of ISPSC are open from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM with no noon break on weekdays (except on holidays). The libraries at Santa Maria and Tagudin campuses are also open on Saturdays to cater to students and faculty of the Graduate School. The Open-Shelf system is adopted in all the campus libraries to enable library users greater access to the information resources.
Readers Assistance: Assists reader in the use of electronic catalogs and data base and the internet; assists in the choice of library materials for subjects of inquiry, and directs users to the appropriate sources of information
Current Awareness: Displays journals and magazines
Literature Searchers: Aids clientele by searching relevant information using online data base and the internet
Lending and Inter Library Loan: Charges and discharging materials to legitimate users
Library Orientation and Tour: Holds a short lecture on the holdings, services and location of materials
Media Services: Views or listens to audio visual materials like the Television, CD – ROMS and video tapes for recommendation to readers/library users
Steps in the use of the Library:
- Deposit your things at the Baggage Counter (except for writing materials and your library ID).
- Register in the library user’s logbook. Fill up the required data (name, course/ year level, time in). Fill up the out column when you will leave the library.
- Present your library identification card at the Control Desk/ Counter.
- Bonafide students with a valid library card may borrow reading materials from the library upon presentation of library cards.
- Use the library catalog to find the book you need ad then go to the book shelves to get the book.
- Take the book to the reading area where you can study and research within the library.
- After using the books, return them to the Central Desk or library staff on duty and claim your library card.
- When you leave the library be sure to fill up the time out in the user’s logbook.
- Borrowing for overnight is available starting at 3:00 o’clock in the afternoon.
- A student can borrow 1 tem at one time for overnight.
- A faculty or staff can borrow up to 3 items at one time for 5 days.
- The stems in borrowing books for use within the library is followed. Informed the library staff at the Central Desk that you are borrowing the material for overnight.
Overdue and Fines
- Books borrowed for overnight loan should be returned before 9:00 a.m. the following day. Otherwise, fines shall be charged.
- A fine of ten pesos (10:00) a day shall be charged for every overdue book returned by a borrower. A borrower with an overdue book cannot borrow more until the overdue book is returned and the corresponding fine has been settled.
Lost or Damaged Books
A lost or damaged books or any instructional material borrowed from the library shall be paid by the borrower at the current prevailing price or may be replaced upon mutual agreement of the borrower and the librarian.
Dr. William Dar Knowledge Center
The Dr. William D. Dar Knowledge Center was recentrly inaugurated by Dr. William Dar himself at the College Library of the ISPSC Santa Maria Campus. The Center houses books, journals, and other educational materials donated by Dr. Dar who is a distinguished alumnus of ISPSC.
The Knowledge Center is a repository of books and other reading materials donated by Dr. William Dar about agriculture, development, research, and nation building.
MRS. MERCEDITA A. PALACIO
College Librarian II - Sta. Maria Campus
Contact No.: 09279793154 / 09985545482
JULIA JOSEPHINE E. DASALLA
College Librarian I - Narvacan Campus
Contact No.: 09177777017 / 09273822165
DAISY S. MAOG
College Librarian I - Santiago Campus
Contact No.: 09266917555
College Librarian I - Tagudin Campus
Contact No.: 09306390373
LERMA M. PACYAAN
College Librarian I - Cervantes Campus
Contact No.: 09197155277
JAY MARIE ALVARO
College Librarian I - Candon Campus
Contact No.: 09466314972
Capability Building / Bench Marking of Librarians
The librarians of ISPSC visited Technological University of the Philippines, Philippine Normal University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines and National Commission for Culture and the Arts in Manila for their benchmarking which aims to enhance their skill in the practice of librarianship and to upgrade their knowledge in terms of technological advancement as integrated in the use of the library. Their 2-day Capability Building / Bench Marking from December 4-5, 2017 was productive and successful.